If you want to start a blog or a website then you must need a domain name for it and I will guide you step by step that how to register a domain name.
What is a Domain Name?
A domain name is a must-have thing for a website. This is the permanent address of your site – without a one, your website would simply be found by a series of numbers showing to the PC it’s on.
A domain name comprises of 3 sections:
www. – shows that this is the web address as we all know (world wide web)
example – the main part of the domain name, typically speaking to an organization or association name
.com – it is basically the domain name suffix
The domain name suffix is the part that demonstrates what kind of domain it is.
The domain name can be of many types like .com, .in, .net, .edu, .org etc.
- .com – Company
- .org – Organisation
- .edu – Educational
- .net – Network
How to Register a Domain Name with GoDaddy
GoDaddy is a well-known domain name registrars you can find on the internet, which is I am going to use to register a domain with an example for you. They are providing domain names for just Rs. 99 only. So, to register a domain with GoDaddy will become more profitable. But make sure you go to GoDaddy from Google search and click on the ad not directly, otherwise you will not get your domain at Rs. 99.
Note: I’m using the Indian version of the GoDaddy site to register a domain and buying it.
1. Go to GoDaddy site and search for the domain name that you want to buy and check for its availability.
2. Check the availability of your searched domain and if available then click add to cart.
3. After clicking add to cart click on Continue to Cart on the top.
4. Proceeding to cart will take you to the window like shown below, which shows the price of your domain name.
5. Now here you will see the price higher which could be around Rs. 600. Don’t panic you will get your domain name at a low price. what you have to do is click on the term and change it to 1 Year then you will find that the price becomes low.
Here, remove all the unnecessary things that you don’t want and if you want to protect your personal information when you keep your information private by paying Rs. 99/year.
6. After selecting everything click on Proceed to Checkout you will be redirected to signup or sign-in page. Here you have to sign up for your account for your username and password to register a domain with GoDaddy.
7. After getting your sign in details, sign in to your account and fill up your genuine details and then select your payment method to pay the amount. Click on Place your order, and you have finished your work of register a domain on GoDaddy.
Congratulations, you have successfully registered your domain name and you are now the owner of your domain name.
Tips For Buying a Domain
- The .com name is believed to be the most renowned, however, it’s harder to locate a decent one that hasn’t just been taken. In the event that you are UK-based, you may want to run with a .co.uk domain name.
- You may wish to purchase variations on your domain name with different suffixes, for the most part, to prevent other individuals from utilizing them. In the event that at least one of them is inaccessible and you truly need them, you might need to consider picking an alternate domain name.
- Make your domain name short and simple to remember.
You can see that it is super easy to register a domain on GoDaddy.
I trust this has helped you find out about how to register a domain with GoDaddy. If this post helped you, then please do share this and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.